The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Great Things Disguised

"And Mary said:
'My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me--
holy is his name.'"
Luke 1:46-49



She was single and pregnant, an outcast during a time when such a thing brought great shame.

Yet she magnified the Lord and recognized the great things God was doing instead of dwelling on her circumstances.

What great thing is God doing in my life that's disguised as a burden, crisis or trial?

Humbling myself means I learn to accept what God has for me, even if it brings me shame or heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment