The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Clean House

 "Looking at his disciples, he said:
'Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.'"
Luke 6:20



How am I poor for Jesus' sake?  When I empty myself of my own fitness, qualifications, and strength, then I am intentionally making myself poor.  When I rid myself of my insecurities, uncertainties and disbelief, then I am becoming poor in spirit.  When I turn away from my selfish motives, pursuits and rationale, then I take a step toward poverty.

It is only in this humble state that I can take on His power, His love, His compassion, and live in a way that pleases Him.  Poverty of the spirit pleases God because it clears out all of me, my doubts, fears and pride, and makes room for all of Him.  Then, I can say I am crucified with Christ and its no longer I who lives but Christ who lives within and through me. (Galatians 2:20

How can I begin this day to "clean house," moving out all the unnecessary, fleshly, counter-Kingdom strongholds, habits and ways of thinking?

How am I rich in self, receiving my comfort now instead of building up treasures in heaven?  (Luke 6:24-25, Matthew 6:20

When do I rely on my own resources, skills and can-do spirit instead of letting God provide for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment