The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fear of Greatness

"An angel of the Lord appeared to them,
and the glory of the Lord shone around them,
and they were terrified.
But the angel said to them,
'Do not be afraid.  
I bring you good news of great joy
that will be for all the people.'"
Luke 2:9-10



It seems that whenever people encountered God's messengers as recorded in the Bible, they were terrified.  The angel then usually reassured them and delivered an amazing message:  "A Savior is born. . . I'm here to help. . . You are chosen. . . He's alive!"

It's natural to fear such power that comes straight from a holy God.  What is it God is telling me today?  What is His message to me?  Am I terrified?

'Do not be afraid!'  If I accept His Word and move forward in faith, I will witness His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment