The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No-Risk Sacrifice


“‘And everyone who has left houses or brothers
or sisters or father
or mother or children or fields
for my sake will receive a hundred times as much
 and will inherit eternal life. 
But many who are first will be last,
and many who are last will be first.’”
Matthew 19:29-30



Investment inherently contains risk.  If I invest in the stock market, I may lose money if the value of the shares goes down.

Jesus asks me to give myself as a living sacrifice, surrendering my all to Him because my life is not my own.

This investment, however, contains no risk in the long run:  God promises a return on my investment of a hundredfold.

What am I afraid to give up for Jesus’ sake?  How can keeping my eyes on the return promised for my eternal investment give me courage to let go of everything except my devotion to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment