The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Unlimited Forgiveness


“Then Peter came to Jesus and asked,
‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive
My brother when he sins against me?
Up to seven times?’
Jesus answered,
‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.’”
Matthew 18:1-4


Life is full of opportunities to demonstrate the mercy of God:  Times when a friend treats me like a foe, or family judges harshly, or words cut deeply.
These are the times when I can let go of the hurt and desire for retribution and place the burden of justice into God’s hands.
Then, the forgiveness He freely gives to me through faith in Jesus Christ will be acknowledged and passed on to others.

Watch this video of the song called, "Forgiveness" by Matthew West and meditate on the words.  Think about the person in your life who needs to experience forgiveness.  How can you let go of the hurt by letting the blood of Jesus cover it?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment