The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Get Ready!

"Therefore keep watch,
because you do not know the day or the hour."

It's easy to think I have plenty of time to get right with God.  Jesus, however, could come at any time, and only those who have accepted Him as their Savior, who call Him Lord and whose hearts are inclined toward Him will be invited to the banquet.  (Romans 10:9-10)  Everyone else will be on the outside as strangers to Jesus.

How many of my thoughts throughout the day are about Him and how many are about me?

How often am I more concerned with my rights than with loving as He loves me?

How can I prepare my heart for His kingdom rather than build a life of comfort, pleasure and satisfaction?

If I want to get ready, I need to start now.





No comments:

Post a Comment