The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, August 20, 2012

God Alone

"When he came back,
he again found them sleeping,
because their eyes were heavy.
So he left them and went away once more
and prayed the third time,
saying the same thing.
Then he returned to the disciples and said to them,
'Are you still sleeping and resting?
Look, the hour is near,
and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
Rise, let us go!
Here comes my betrayer!'"
Matthew 26:43-46



Jesus did not draw His strength to face His impending trial from the men He called His disciples.  They were willing to serve as support but physically weak and unable to carry out their wishes.

Instead of despairing, Jesus turned toward His true source of power: His Father.

What trial am I facing seemingly alone?  Everyone has abandoned me in my darkest hour.  But I am not alone, for He is with me and His rod and staff comfort me as He lovingly guides me through the shadows.  (Psalm 23:4)

Will I trust in God alone and place my life in His merciful hands?




No comments:

Post a Comment