The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, August 17, 2012

From Where is my Profit

"Then one of the Twelve--the one called Judas Iscariot--
went to the chief priests and asked,
'What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?'
So they counted out for him thirty silver coins.
From then on Judas watched for an opportunity
 to hand him over."
Matthew 26:14-16

How am I betraying Jesus in my life?  Choosing to defend my rights instead of taking a blow to my ego places my rights above His mission.

Deciding to follow my own dreams instead of letting go of everything and abandoning myself to Him places more importance on my success and satisfaction than on His glory.

Letting my desire for comfort, security and success drive my life rather than a simple desire to please my Father out of obedience betrays the true state of my heart.

What temptation is drawing me away from whole-hearted devotion to Jesus and His mission:  to save the world.  (John 3:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment