The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Kingdom Ladder

"Jesus  called them together and said,
'You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them,
and their high officials exercise authority over them.
Not so with you.
Instead, whoever wants to become great among you
must be your servant,
and whoever wants to be first
must be your slave--'"
Matthew 20:26-27



In the world, greatness is measured by output, results, looks and likability.  But in God's Kingdom, I climb the ladder of success by lowering myself to the status of a servant.

The less I think of my own status, welfare, rights, needs and reputation and the more I focus on loving God and others, the greater I become in His Kingdom.

The thing is, by the time I become great as far as the kingdom is concerned, I won't care because I'll only be focused on glorifying God.

How concerned am I with defending my rights instead of letting the love of Jesus serve as a beacon of hope to others as I go through my day?

When do I let my desire to be served win out over humility?

No comments:

Post a Comment