The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

God's Generosity

“’Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money?
Or are you envious because I am generous?’
So the last will be first,
And the first will be last.”
Matthew 20:15-16



How am I envious of God’s generosity?  Does it seem unfair to me that those who live for themselves until the last day when they finally give their life to Jesus receive the same reward as I?  Or that I dedicate myself to God yet another less devoted seems to receive all the blessings?

God is generous and the same grace and mercy He extends to me as a sinner condemned to death, is also offered to others.  I must never forget who I really am; a sinner saved by grace, so that I won’t grow bitter or judgmental.

God’s kindness is most powerfully demonstrated in the free gift of eternal life He so generously offers.  This salvation from damnation is based on God’s mercy not on man’s merit.

No comments:

Post a Comment