The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Crippling Shame

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?
He who did not spare his own Son, 
but gave him up for us all--
how will he not also, along with him, 
graciously give us all things?
Who can bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?  It is God who justifies.
Who then is the one who condemns?
No One.
Christ Jesus who died
--more than that, who was raised to life-- 
is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"
Romans 8:31-34



The lies float through my head.  You're no good.  You don't belong here.  Who do you think you are?  The guilt and shame flood over me and I wonder what I need to do to be good enough, to prove my worth, to earn my keep in God's kingdom.

Then I remember the sweet words of freedom from such oppression.  You are forgiven.  There is no end to this forgiveness (Psalm 103:12).  While your sins have stained you like scarlet, you are made white as snow through the blood of Jesus which covers your sins (Isaiah 1:18, Hebrews 9:14).  All I see is the perfection of Christ when I look at you;  I see the woman I created you to be (2 Corinthians 5:21, Philippians 3:9) .  Your are well-loved, my child, and nothing can change that (1 John 3:1Ephesians 3:17-19, Romans 8:38-39).  Walk in My forgiveness made possible through My Son's sacrifice, now and forevermore.

So I begin this journey, walking and leaping and praising God.  I have been forgiven (Romans 4:7)!  I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:7).  I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:1).

If God has deemed me righteous by the blood of His Son, who can speak a word against me?  Who can say otherwise?  His word trumps all.

Now it's time for me to believe it.  Won't you join me, dear reader?


Let the words of "Drops in the Ocean" by Hawk Nelson wash over you, and believe.  When Jesus set you free, you are free, no matter what anyone says (John 8:36).

Go in peace, my friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment