The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holy Night

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby,
keeping watch over their flocks at night.
An angel of the Lord appeared to them,
and the glory of the Lord shone around them,
and they were terrified.
But the angel said to them,
'Do not be afraid.
I bring you good news that will cause 
great joy for your people.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is the Messiah, 
the Lord."
Luke 2:8-11



When I was a child, I remember looking out the window on Christmas eve as I lay on the top bunk.  I would search the skies, sensing a difference in the feel of the night, a holiness and wonder.  Finally, I would see it, finding what I was looking for.  A star that stood out from all the others, and I imagined it to be the beacon that heralded the birth of the Christ Child.  My heart swelled with anticipation, not even knowing exactly why I felt such a way.

This Christmas eve, let us take on this kind of child-like wonder as we look for signs of the Messiah born that night so long ago.  On the eve of the day we have set aside to remember such a miraculous event, may we seek out the One who, ". . .made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.  And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death--even death on a cross!" (Philippians 2:7-8)

He came to save. (John 3:17)  He came for you.  He came for me.  Do you know Him, this Jesus?


No comments:

Post a Comment