The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Eyes of Faith

"Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said,
'We should go up and take possession of the land,
for we can certainly do it.'"
Numbers 13:30



God promised a land flowing with milk and honey.  I'm sure each Israelite formed a picture in their own mind of what that looked like.  Some probably expected abundant fruit, others looked forward to a land to call their own, while still others anticipated peace and prosperity.  Whatever they imagined, I'm sure they didn't expect what they actually received: A land abundantly filled with rich resources yet occupied by giant, powerful people.  It wasn't quite what they envisioned.

Its not so different with me.  I read of God's promise to bring good out of every situation, but my definition of "good" differs from God's.  Therefore, when God's good is delivered, I don't recognize it but label it as difficulty, hardship or impossibility.

This Christmas, let me take on eyes of faith.  As I celebrate the most generous gift of all delivered through the lowly birth of a babe who seemed to be anything but a king but in actuality was a Savior who rescued me from eternal death and ushered me into His kingdom as the precious child of a loving God, let me see the world through kingdom eyes.

Let me see things with an eternal perspective instead of expecting to receive my reward or blessings now.  Let me notice how God is growing me, using the hard times to transform my mind and heart.  And let me see how God's definition of good is so much better than mine.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the greatest promise ever made and the perfect example of how God's good came in an unexpected package.


No comments:

Post a Comment