The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Perfectly Known

In preparation for Thanksgiving later this week, "Writings on the Doorframe" is offering a series of short devotionals based on Psalm 139 with the purpose of preparing your heart for the original intention for the holiday's creation: 
To give thanks to a generous and loving God.



"You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, 
know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and your lay your hand upon me.
Suck knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain."
Psalm 139:1-6



Oh, that I have a God who knows me so intimately!  He is familiar with my schedule, my thought processes, and all my quirky ways.  When I'm surprised by the things that come out of my mouth, He knows why I said it as well as what I really meant to say.

In view of the fact that He has such knowledge of me, He keeps His hand on me, perceiving when I need extra security and when He can lighten His protection.  He runs interference for me and covers me when the bullets begin to fly. Only He knows what I need and when I require it. This knowledge boggles my mind.

Since I have a God who knows me like this, why do I fear in the face of threat?  Why should I be hesitant to walk with Him down the path of the unknown?  Why do I sometimes feel like no one understands me?

Even though I am perfectly known, it is easy for me to let the worries of life choke out this truth, or my pride that tells me the mission at hand is up to me blind me from reality, or my deceptive heart lead me into the deep, dark pit.

Today, as I prepare for a day set aside to thank God for all His goodness, I resolve to keep this truth at the forefront of my mind:
I am perfectly known

No comments:

Post a Comment