The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

God's Masterpiece

In preparation for Thanksgiving later this week, "Writings on the Doorframe" is offering a series of short devotionals based on Psalm 139 with the purpose of preparing your heart for the original intention for the holiday's creation: 
To give thanks to a generous and loving God.


"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16





Oh, that I have a God who created me with such care and attention to detail.  I often put myself down or think lowly of myself, not realizing what a precious work of art I am.

The Lord who created me from nothing started on the inside, molding me into His own image.  He then carefully pieced each trait together in the way that most pleased Him.  With great respect and awe, He breathed life into my inert form.  He was there, overseeing the entire process with great interest, never missing a detail.  Even when my life had not yet begun, He already knew exactly how it would come to pass, preparing me perfectly for each stage: No surprises and no mistakes.

Since I have a God who took such care in creating me, why do I think so little of myself?  Since I have a Creator who thought of every necessary detail, why do I fear my lack of fitness? (Exodus 4:10-12) Since I have a Father who looked upon my formless body and loved me deeply, why do I doubt His timely provision?

I have a God who made me His special creation and is never surprised at the circumstances in which I may find myself.  I am His precious masterpiece.

Today, as I prepare for a day set aside to thank God for all His goodness, I resolve to keep this truth at the forefront of my mind:

I am God's Masterpiece.



No comments:

Post a Comment