The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Today is the Day

"As God's partners,
we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift
of God's kindness and then ignore it.
For God says,
'At just the right time, I heard you.
On the day of salvation, I helped you.'
Indeed, the 'right time' is now.
Today is the day of salvation."
2 Corinthians 6:1-2 NLT



"Why do today what I can do tomorrow?"  This is the motto of the procrastinator.  While it may not bring much harm to put some things off, it is not the same with God.  He is calling me, why wait?  I choose this day to not let the grace God extends be for naught;  I'd rather make it count!

Be Reconciled to God

Her life was a series of failures: Failed marriages.  Failed relationships.  Failed religious pursuits.  She was an outcast, shunned for her choice of lifestyle.  No one thought about her or cared to know her.  No one, that is, except the man who seemed to know the intimate details of her life but loved her enough to offer her living water that would eternally quench her thirst.  After this encounter with the Messiah, her life would never again be the same. (John 4)

Jesus stands at the door of my heart, waiting for me to invite Him into my life. (Revelation 3:20)  On my own, I have no rights to God because my sin has set me up as His enemy. (Colossians 1:21)  But the moment I let Jesus in, allowing His redemptive work accomplished on the cross to cover my sins, I am reconciled to a Holy God who loves me.

Jesus already did all the work, what am I waiting for?  

Today is the day to be reconciled to God through faith in Jesus Christ and to begin to live for Him.

Answer the Call

Times were bad.  The nation of Israel was divided into two kingdoms, both peoples following their own ways.   God wanted someone to deliver a message of repentance and salvation to the wayward people.  Who would go?  He put out the call: "Whom shall I send as a messenger to the people?"  Anyone could answer.  Who would be the one to step forward? 

It turns out that Isaiah was the man who responded to this call of God.  (Isaiah 6:8)  As a result, Isaiah became one of the most prolific as well as oft-quoted prophets.

What is God bringing to my attention that could be a part of my life's purpose?  Am I bothered by the homeless problem in my own community, or the horrific holocaust we call abortion or the lack of respect for marriage in this country?  Perhaps I could take the initiative and answer the call to love others and take a stand for righteousness.

It's not always easy to step out in faith, especially when I'm going out on a limb.  But as Oswald Chambers said, "Then comes the call to spiritual tenacity, not to hang on and do nothing, but to work deliberately on the certainty that God is not going to be worsted."  

God put out the call, so what am I waiting for?

Today is the day to step forward in faith and begin to live for Him, believing with all certainty that the dream He placed on my heart will come to pass.

Tell Others

They were confused and helpless.  The people reminded him of sheep without a shepherd, floundering around in the mundane details of their lives, searching for some kind of meaning and purpose.  He spread the Good News and healed the sick, but more kept coming.  There must be more workers! (Matthew 9:35-38)

The heart of Jesus went out to His people.  They needed Him and the message He delivered, but as God stuck in a mortal body, He saw the need for back-up.

When was the last time I told someone about Jesus?  Or brought the Words of life that would bring healing to the hurting?  Or spoke the Truth in the midst of deception?

God prepared the harvest, so what am I waiting for?

Today is the day to speak the Truth in love for all to benefit.


It is easy to put off the action for which I know I am destined.  Instead of waiting, it is my intention to make today the day I will be reconciled to God, answer His call, and tell others what they so desperately need to hear.  Today is the day of salvation!  


As I begin this day it is my prayer that I won't wait another day to begin living for Christ.

When do I hear God calling but fail to step forward in faith?

How am I afraid to speak the truth?  

No comments:

Post a Comment