The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Life is Not My Own

"You are not your own; you were bought at a price. . ." 
I Corinthians 6:19-20

Frustrations
"Rrrrriiiinnnggg!"
"Somebody grab the phone, would ya'?"
"Ding, Dong!"
"Hold on, I'll be there in a minute!"
"Ruff, Ruff," 
"Mom, can you let the dog out?  I'm in the middle of something."
"Aaahhh!  Can't everyone leave me alone for just a moment?!?!  I can't get anything done. . . my life is just not my own!"

The List. This is a common scene in my house.  Interruption after interruption, and there sits my list of things to do, yet untouched.  Then the quiet voice speaks. . . This is My appointment for you this day.

The Important. When Jesus said, "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:19)  He was speaking to our attitudes toward our life.  He was trying to get us see that our focus should not be on the things around us, but on Him and His Kingdom.  When I am focused on my list and getting a lot accomplished, I am being worldly-focused.  But when I turn my attention toward Jesus, He shows me all that He has for me!  My heavenly Father knows what needs to be done, and in His grace, He'll give me time to accomplish those things.  But accomplishing those things is not to be my focus.  He is to be my focus.

Focus. As I begin this day, it is my prayer that I can be focused on His Kingdom, knowing that my Heavenly Father will provide what I need for this day. 

Where can I better let Jesus have his way in my life?

What part of my life am I unwilling to surrender to Him today?

No comments:

Post a Comment