The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Promises Kept

Today I am publishing another excerpt from my new book, 52 Days of Grace, available now on Amazon:



Promises Kept

“Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures.”  (Romans 1:1-2)

“But Mom, you promised!”  I don’t know how many times I’ve heard that desperate cry from the mouths of disappointed children.  As parents, it’s common to break a promise.  We may have every intention of keeping our pledge, but, life happens, circumstances change, and our ability to fulfill that guarantee falls through.

God, however, does not have that problem!

The promise of our salvation through Jesus Christ was given all the way back in Abraham’s time when God said, “All nations will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:2-3 and Galatians 3:8) What a God of planning and forethought we worship!

Since we know the One True God is a God who keeps promises, we can trust Him with our very lives.  If He can fulfill prophecies made thousands of years before the birth of the Messiah, can He not free us from the bondage of worry, or the desire to control, or the pit of despair?  Yes, He can.  He has more than shown His trustworthiness.  Now it’s time to show our trust in Him by surrendering all to Him.

“Faith is two empty hands held open to receive all of the Lord Jesus.”  --Alan Redpath



How do you place God in the same category as man, assuming He will let you down?

What area of your life do you struggle with surrendering to the One who loves you unconditionally?

Have you sometimes said, “It’s not God I don’t trust, it’s me!  I’m the one who will mess it all up.”  How is this attitude showing a lack of respect for the Sovereignty and Power of God?

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for being the One who I can trust completely.  You will never let me down.  Help me to forget all the bad experiences I’ve had with people and judge You completely based on Your own merits as a loving, Promise-Keeper.  When I am tempted to use my own frailties as an excuse for not trusting You, remind me of Moses who also let his pride get in the way of following You without reserve.  You are a God who is in control and I place my life in Your hands.
In Jesus’ Name I pray,
Amen.


Click on the picture of the book to learn how to order your own copy!


No comments:

Post a Comment