The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Immanuel

"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision:
'Do not be afraid;
keep on speaking,
do not be silent.
For I am with you,
and no one is going to attack and harm you,
because I have many people in this city.'"
Acts 18:9-10



This is our calling from Jesus: Turn from fear.  Keep telling the truth of the gospel.  Do not keep quiet.  I am able to do as Jesus said because He is always with me! (Matthew 28:20) He empowers me, teaches me and emboldens me.

It is easy to fear.  The very ones who need Jesus the most may be those who put up the harshest front.  No matter!  Jesus can tame the wildest beast.

It is easy to grow discouraged.  Sometimes I feel like my words are not getting through.  No matter!  Jesus can penetrate the hardest heart.

It is easy to lose my nerve.  I have good intentions, but when it comes time to speak the truth I lose my conviction.  No matter!  Jesus can embolden even the meekest mouth.

This Christmas, as I scurry around making final preparations, it is my intention to remember that Jesus is always with me to break down barriers, to provide opportunities, and to supply courage so that I may continue to share His Good News of Salvation which is unto all people.

Who will God put in my path today?   

2 comments:

  1. I love the "no.matter!" you added in there. A good reminder that God's got it handled and we just need to be faithful.
    Kathy Silva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I need that reminder daily. . .if not more often!

    ReplyDelete