The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Who is like Him?


"Let the name of the LORD be praised,
both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
the name of the LORD is to be praised."



I love illustrations that help to teach a lesson or reveal a truth.  I can always understand something more when I can tangibly touch or visually see something that is similar to it.  Maybe that's why math is so hard; it's not concrete but more conceptual.

This is where my faith comes in when trusting in God. I cannot fully understand Him, His motivations, His ways, His character (Psalm 145:3, Psalm 139:6).  I know He is great, I know His character is holy, I know He is sovereign, I know there is nothing but good that comes from Him, but I am unable to fully know Him. 

While His Spirit does reveal Him to me on a very intimate level (1 Corinthians 2:10-12), It's hard to fathom the full nature of God because there's nothing by which to compare Him.
There is none like Him.

High.  He is so high He must figuratively stoop down to take a look at the heavens and earth (Psalm 113:6).  He is on the throne, reigning over all things in glory and majesty with all authority (Psalm 47:8).  He rules His creation with all power and control; nothing happens apart from His direction or permission and is all directed according to His good plan (Ephesians 1:11).  Furthermore, His glory, the indescribable beauty of His spirit, is unsurpassed, so much so that it fills the earth (Isaiah 6:3).

Such a God whose ways are higher than mine and thoughts are in the stratosphere, cannot be fully understood.  If my complete comprehension of Him were possible, He would not be much of a god, would He?  A 100% knowable-to-my-limited-mind god would be a wimpy god indeed.

I praise such a God who reigns on High yet comes down low to dwell within me.

Equal.  He has a squad of men who are ready to give their lives in his protection.  Because of his position as leader of the most powerful nation on earth, his live is deemed as so important that in times of crisis or disaster, there are special provisions in place to preserve his life.  Since the President of the United States plays such a significant role, it seems his life is more important than mine.  

In man's way of thinking, there is a ranking system.  Some are more important than others, essential to the working of things, key players in the game of life.  But to God, each of us are as valuable as the other.  It doesn't matter, whether poor or rich, unemployed or entrusted with vital work, young or old; God sees each of us as His treasured image-bearer (Psalm 113:7-8).

I praise such a God who looks beyond my position in this world and views me as royalty.

Fertility.  God is a God of fertility, and I don't just mean opening the womb to bless with children.  He is a lavish, generous God who gives so much more than we deserve.  

He has a way of reversing a hopeless situation, granting me a positive expectation for the future where there should be none.  He also is able to give abundance out of complete nothingness, turning a dead-end situation into a beautiful entrance into the promised land.  This rich God of fruitfulness can fulfill the desires of His children's heart in ways I will never be able to comprehend (Psalm 37:4).

I praise such a God who extends fertility to me in so many ways.


There is none like this God who blows my mind with His impressive ways, beautiful character trait of equally valuing each of His children and is lavish in so many respects.  This is a God who is not like anything I've ever seen and to Him I will give my praises, for who is like Him?


As I begin this day it is my prayer that I can open up my mind to the unfathomable character of God.

How do I limit God in His magnificence?

When do I doubt He will help me, thinking I'm not important enough for the God of all things to pay attention to?        

In honor of Wednesday's 800th post on 
Writings on the Doorframe
I am offering free signed copies of my book: 



If you would like to be entered in the drawing, 
please email me at boosehome@aol.com 
or message me at the end of this post 
by the end of the day on Sunday, March 22nd.  
Winners will be announced on 
Monday, March 23, 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment