The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Great Hope

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.  Whenever I pray, I make my request for all of you with joy,
for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heart it until now.  
And I am certain that God, 
who began the good work within you, 
will continue his work 
until it is finally finished 
on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
Philippians 1:3-6 NLT



I praise God every time I think of you, dear reader, because I know God is at work within you, changing you, growing your faith, transforming you in ways you could never have imagined.  You look at yourself and cannot even recognize who you have become.  

The things that used to make you angry, bringing your blood to the boiling point, have now become opportunities to extend the grace of God.  You can't explain this new you.

Your favorite pastime used to be engrossing yourself in intriguing dramas, but now you are inexplicably drawn to God's Word and can't seem to get enough.  You would never have imagined that you'd ever want to spend time studying the Bible like this.

In the past, the unknown brought about much fear and anxiety, bringing with it sleepless nights and restless days, but now you live in a state of perpetual rest, knowing that God is at work on your behalf.  You can hardly believe such a worrier as you can sleep this well at night.

And so I praise God for you and the difference the Gospel of Jesus Christ has made in your life.  And I praise Him for what He is continuing to do, and all that is to come in the days ahead.

We are a people of great hope! 




No comments:

Post a Comment