The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, May 30, 2014

The Danger of Fear

"Such love has no fear,
because perfect love expels all fear.
If we are afraid,
it is for fear of punishment,
and this shows that we have not fully experienced 
his perfect love."
1 John 4:18 NLT


Fear.  It casts out all reason and treads faith under its feet.  It disguises itself as my close companion, all the while destroying any hope of peace within.  Fear is a product of the enemy of my soul. (1 Peter 5:8)

Our Father is the God of the impossible.  Still, the expert says there is no way to receive what I've been promised.  I can either trust my God to do what man says can't be done, or I can give in to the message of sound judgement and common sense that appeals to my desire to work within normal channels. (Luke 1:37)

My God is supernatural, able to heal the sick, lame and afflicted.  Still, the doctors say there is no hope and I should prepare for the worst.  I can either trust my Father whose arm is not too short, or I can choose to believe the facts that tell me the odds against deliverance are overwhelming. (Numbers 11:21-23)

The Lord Is my shield and fortress.  Still, the papers are delivered and all evidence is pointing to the end of my marriage.  As the storm rages around me, I can either trust my Lord and Savior to deliver me from such a snare, or I can surrender to the seemingly inevitable, consoling myself with the thought that I did everything that could be done.  (Psalm 91)

If I truly understood the depth of God's love for me, driving Him to care for me extravagantly, I would no longer doubt His ability to do the impossible, to work supernaturally or to protect that which is precious to Him.  As my Father who loves me perfectly, He knows exactly what I need and takes delight in giving good things to me. (Matthew 6:31-33Matthew 7:7-11)  Therefore, fully accepting this love God has for me will leave no room for the fear and doubt that threatens my peace.


As I begin this day it is my prayer that I can trust the God whom I cannot see more than I believe the signs that point away from Him and His work in my life.

When do I doubt God's provision simply because I don't understand how He could deliver me from such a mess?

How do I limit God by my lack of faith? 

No comments:

Post a Comment