The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Turned Away

"He (Solomon) had 700 wives of royal birth
and 300 concubines.
And in fact,
they did turn his heart away from the LORD."
1 Kings 11:3 NLT



What turns my heart away from my First Love? (Revelation 2:4)
  • people I cherish
  • pursuits I chase
  • interests I follow
  • beliefs I buy into
Jesus said that my heart will follow whatever I treasure in life.  (Matthew 6:19-21)  What do I value most?
If it is relationships then I will live to please others.
If it is a meaningful life then I will seek deep and significant experiences.
If it is success then work will be my god.
If it is popularity then I will be willing to do anything to keep the spotlight on me.
If it is my health then most of my time will be devoted to preserving my body which is here today and gone tomorrow.
If it is Jesus then I will seek Him out with all of my heart.

May I keep Jesus at the center of my radar, making it this day's aim to run full-throttle toward Him.  May I get rid of anything that distracts from Him, set aside all obstacles that threaten to block my forward progress toward Him, and purposefully remove sinful pursuits that tempt me to turn away from Him.  

This day may I run the race God has prepared for me to run, and may I run it wholeheartedly.  (Hebrews 12:1-3)


No comments:

Post a Comment