The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Alive in Me

"My old self has been crucified with Christ.
It is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me.
So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 NLT



There are a lot of things I cannot do.  Let me clarify that.  There are a lot of things my flesh cannot do.  
  • It is not natural for me to stand in front of a large group and deliver a message of hope.  Words do not flow easily from my lips but seem to get stuck in the fogginess of my mind.
  • I cannot wait patiently for something I need or want.  I'd rather do anything to make it happen NOW!
  • I am unable to love those who treat me like trash, giving them the courtesy, respect and forgiveness they refuse to grant me.
  • There is no way on earth I can endure heartache, pain and suffering.  I avoid them like the plague.
  • Thinking selflessly, putting others' needs before my own, is something foreign to my flesh.
Despite my frailties and weaknesses, I have a treasure within that gives me supernatural ability to overcome everything that holds me back from living as God has called me to live.  I have a power dwelling within me that gives me what I do not have.  Because of what Christ did in dying on the cross, I can enjoy the benefit of internal guidance and discernment.  It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives within me.  And that makes all the difference in the world.

  • Through Christ the words of life roll smoothly off my lips as I stand in front of needy souls.
  • Through Christ waiting is where I draw the strength of God, transforming an excruciating process into one that builds my faith.  (Isaiah 40:31)
  • Through Christ I can deliver love to a world devoid of such riches.
  • Through Christ, my grief is turned to beauty, my agony produces Christlikeness, my distress does not disappoint.  (Isaiah 61:3, Romans 5:3-5)
  • Through Christ I am empowered to think of others before myself.
The only question, then, is who will I follow this day?  Will it be my flesh, propelling me down a path that leads to death, or will it be the Spirit of Christ who lives within, empowering me to live in the new way that leads to life?  (Romans 8:12-14)

Jesus Christ is alive in me!  What kind of difference does He make in my life?


As I begin this day it is my prayer that I can choose life over death, supernatural over natural.

When do I get discouraged by my inability to live the Christian life instead of surrendering to the power of Christ within?

How do I expect to receive the benefits of Christ but still want to live as I used to live before I knew Him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment