The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, June 27, 2014

I Belong to Him

"But now, this is what the LORD says-
He who created you, Jacob,
He who formed you, Israel:
'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'"
Isaiah 43:1



My family and I just arrived in a land to which God called us.  As a result of His calling on our lives, we sold all our furniture, packed up the rest of our belongings and moved 3200 miles away from the place we had called home for over eight years.  Now we sit in a motel room, waiting on the Lord's provision for housing for 6 people and as many pets.  For man this is impossible, but with God nothing is impossible. (Matthew 19:26)

As I waver on the edge of doubt, wondering what God has up His sleeve, I rest in the knowledge that I belong to Him.  What difference does this make in the uncertainty of my current situation?

It means that I have a heavenly Father who not only knows my needs, but faithfully supplies.  It means that despite the seemingly out-of-control nature of our situation, God is completely in control and has a plan of which I know nothing.  It means that if He went through the sacrifice of giving up His One and Only Son in order to buy me back from the grips of Death, there is nothing He won't do in order to take care of me.

What, then, do I have to fear?  Nothing.  Fear is a choice to stop trusting the God to whom I am eternally bound by the blood of Jesus.

Today, I choose to trust in the God who has called me by name.  I belong to Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment