The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

God is Greater

"God said to Moses:
'I am the eternal God.
So tell them that the LORD,
whose name is "I am," has sent you.
This is my name forever,
and it is the name that people must use from now on.'"
Exodus 3:14-15 CEV



Cancer threatens to snuff out her life.
Fear rises like a dark tide, drowning out his faith.
The unknown of tomorrow keeps her awake at night.
Pain wracks her body, overshadowing all other interests.
His broken marriage weighs heavily upon his heart.

There is much in this life that is overwhelming, marking my life with the suffering it brings.  Nothing, however, is so great that God is not greater still!  Therefore, I can keep my attention on the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth who holds all things in the palm of His hand.  Nothing is too hard for Him! (Jeremiah 32:27)

As I face this day, then, I can boldly approach the throne of grace through faith in Jesus Christ, receiving the grace and mercy I need for this day.  (Hebrews 4:16)  It is then that I will be able to calmly receive the grave medical news, choosing to believe that the One who knit my body together is also able to heal and will use this ugly disease for His glory.  (Mark 5:25-29John 5:1-9)

My faith returns as I turn away from what strikes terror in my heart, instead keeping my eyes on the Lord and His mighty power.  (Psalm 27:1)

Even though I have no idea what will happen tomorrow, I can rest assured that God has gone before me.  Wherever I am headed, He is already there, making the way smooth for me.  (Judges 4:14)

As unbearable as the physical pain can be, I have never known the compassion of my Father until I experienced the comfort only He can bring in my darkest hour.  (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

While it seems my beloved will never change, God is in the business of softening the hardest of hearts.  Therefore, I can walk forward in confidence, trusting that one day my marital relationship will be healed.  (Ezekiel 36:26)


Whatever I am facing this day, I can be assured that God is greater still.  When I choose to focus my attention on His amazing character, matchless power, and his unfailing love, my troubles will become less while my God will grow in importance.  Then I will be able to face whatever challenge today brings.


As I begin this day it is my prayer that I can begin to comprehend God's greatness.

When do I let the troubles of this day overpower the greatness of God?

How am I guilty of creating a wimpy God who is unable to help me in my time of need?



No comments:

Post a Comment