The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Knowing Jesus

"Look!
I stand at the door and knock.
If you hear my voice
and open the door,
I will come in,
and we will share a meal together as friends."
Revelation 3:20 NLT



I was made for relationship.  I was created to be intimately connected to my Creator.  It was God's intention that He be at the center of my consciousness.

Unfortunately, sin twists and contorts His perfect plan, creating something altogether different.  What I accomplish becomes more important than Who I know.  I learn to act a certain way in order to fit into the religious mold man has formed instead of following the Good Shepherd down surprising and mysterious paths.  My focus becomes more about what I can do for God instead of what He can do through me.  As a result, I lose touch with what He really wants the most from me:  Me. (Romans 12:1)

If God made me to be connected to Him, sharing my deepest fears, trusting Him to provide for all my needs, wanting to know more about Him each passing day, why do I waste time on religious pursuits?  Why do I spend so much time doing and so little time sitting at His feet?  (Luke 10:38-42)  Why am I so worried about what other people think yet so little concerned by God's perception of me? (Psalm 139)

Today it is my intention to discover more about Jesus.  I want to stop pretending I am something I'm not and simply be who He created me to be.  I want to drop all my notions of who He is and let Him show me His real character for Himself.  I want to invite Him into every part of my life, no matter how mundane or insignificant it may seem.

Today it is my goal to know Jesus more today than I did yesterday.    

No comments:

Post a Comment