The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Walking , Leaping and Praising God

"When all the people saw him walking and praising God,
they recognized him as the same man
who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful,
and they were filled with wonder and amazement
at what had happened to him."



How do I praise God in the places I frequent?  Do those I see on a regular basis recognize the changes Jesus has done in me?  Are they filled with wonder and amazement at what the power of God has accomplished in my life?

My life is to be a living testimony to the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in me. (Romans 12:1-2)  Many times, however, I'm weighed down with the worries of this world, plagued with the pain of past hurts, or wracked with guilt from my sin.  Instead of walking in His light as one whose been freed from ties to this world and the sin that plagues it, I tend to walk in the shadows, afraid I'm not good enough for the light, not worthy or not able to walk with Jesus.

The truth is, only the blood of Jesus makes me right with God and pure by faith so that I can step into the light.  When I do, people will see all He's doing through me and praise my Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

In order for my life to be a testimony to God, I must shed all my doubts, fears and misconceptions about myself and start believing in what God can do through me.  Even my  inadequacies cannot stop the God of Wonder.

This day may I shed the weight of doubt and walk freely in the Light so that people will go walking, and leaping and praising God as they notice His Spirit within me.


No comments:

Post a Comment