The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Friday, November 23, 2012

True Love

"The third time he said to him,
'Simon son of John, do you love me?'
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time,
'Do you love me?'
He said,
'Lord, you know all things;
you know that I love you.'
Jesus said, 'Feed my sheep.'"
John 21:17



True love is not shown in the words I say but in the way I live.  To Jesus, the sheep God had given to Him to shepherd were His prime focus. (John 17:12)

In the same way, He wants me to have a similar drive to care for those who belong to Him.  As I live my life, I come across all kinds of people from different walks of life.  God has specifically placed each one in my path.  

Do some need to hear the gospel so they can enter the fold?

Do others need discipleship training to show them how to follow their Shepherd?

Do still others need encouragement in their walk?

The way my love for Jesus is manifested is in the way that I care for His sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment