The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Monday, October 5, 2015

What it Means to Know the Lord

"'But a beautiful cedar palace does not make a great king!
Your father, Josiah, also had plenty to eat and drink.
But he was jut and right in all his dealings.
That is why God blessed him.
He gave justice and help to the poor and needy,
and everything went well for him.
Isn't that what it means to know me?'
says the LORD."
Jeremiah 22:15-16 NLT



What does it mean to know the Lord?  To only seek my own blessing, build my own kingdom, trust Him to meet my own needs?  Or is there more?

What about the lost, those who have been duped into believing this life is all about running after worldly treasures even though they won't last?  Or those who are unknowingly looking in the wrong place for answers?  Or those who are oppressed by the enticing powers of evil in this dark world?

I have the Words of Life, the Good News that will set them free!  I know the goodness of God and the peace and liberty that comes when I enter His fold.  Isn't it His will that I generously share the enlightening message that the lost so desperately need?  To give the Living Water to the thirsty and the Bread of Life to the hungry (John 4:146:35)?  What good is every blessing that comes down to me from God through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ if I never share His Kingdom with others?

This is what it means to know the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment