The Key to Life

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

Email Me!

Contact me with Bible questions, prayer requests or discipleship support. emailme! Unless otherwise noted, all scripture is from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Don't Listen to Lies

"This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies 
says to his people:
'Do not listen to these prophets when they prophesy to you,
filling you with futile hopes.
They are making up everything they say.
They do not speak for the LORD.
They keep saying to those who despise my word,
"Don't worry!  The LORD says you will have peace!"
And to those who stubbornly follow their own desires, 
they say, "No harm will come your way!"'"
Jeremiah 23:16-17 NLT



There are many false teachers and prophets who claim to be teaching and spreading God's Word.  In reality, however, they are scattering lies. Here are a few examples:

  • My happiness and well-being are God's will for me.  God wants me to be happy, healthy and wealthy.
  • God's blessing comes in the form of wealth or material goods.  God wants me to be comfortable and to get what I want.  After all, it take money to do ministry in this world.
  • I must obey the law (or go to church, dress in nice clothes, not smoke or drink, etc) in order to be saved.  God only saves those who make an effort, only helping those who help themselves.
  • God seeks to elevate me in some way.  God wants me to have high self-esteem.
  • God is merciful so I need not worry about sin because I am forgiven by the blood of Jesus.  God is not concerned with purity because He understands my weaknesses.
Be careful.  Be wise.  Be shrewd.  I must know God's Word so I can distinguish the lies that are what I want to hear from the Truth that is what I need to hear (2 Timothy 4:3).  


No comments:

Post a Comment